Steps in the Rental Application Process
You’ve found a property you love and you want to apply for it. Here’s what the rental application process looks like.
- First, download an application form from our website at the bottom of the property you’re interested in.
- Each applicant over 18 years of age is required to complete an application form.
- With each application, 100 points of ID are required and must include at least one form of photo identification.
- We require proof of income, which can be a letter of offer, bank statement showing regular income, your last two payslips or Centrelink statement.
- Part two of the application form is for applicant details and contact information.
- And lastly, we require any applicable rental history.
- Once you have submitted your application to us, the approval process usually takes between 24-48 hours.
- Our team will review your application to ensure it’s complete, will check your references and confirm proof of income.
- We will then submit your application to the owners for consideration.
- When the owners make a decision we will contact you, whether or not you are successful.
- If you are successful in your application, we will summarise and confirm the terms of your lease via email.
- To secure the property we require a security deposit within 24-48 hours equal to two weeks’ rent.
The next step is to start packing for your upcoming move!